Summer is here! As the temperatures rise and the days get longer, now is the perfect time to enjoy summer food festivals in your area. Whether you visit a local event or take a roadtrip to one in your region, one thing’s for sure: All of these celebrations offer tastes in towns that will be hard to forget about! Consider visiting one of June’s best restaurant food festivals listed below:
Taste of the Nation Festivals: Hosted by Share Our Strength, the Taste of the Nation festivals feature local chefs and benefit food banks and organizations that work to eliminate hunger in their regions. Here are some of the upcoming events to check out:
- Los Angeles, Calif. / June 1, 2014: Held at Media Park in Culver City, Taste of the Nation Los Angeles offers over 40 bites from the best chefs in L.A.’s hot culinary scene. General Admission is $110 and VIP Admission is $160.
- Laguna Beach, Calif. / June 8, 2014: Held at Montage Laguna Beach, with sweeping panorama views of the ocean, this event showcases food, wine and cocktails from several host and guest chefs. General Admission is $200 and VIP Admission is $275.
- Louisville, Ky. / June 8, 2014: Dubbed “Pies + Play at Garage Bar for No Kid Hungry,” this event features pizza, custards, games and more — with proceeds benefiting Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry Campaign. General Family Admission (2 parents and up to 3 kids) is $100, and VIP Admission (which adds listing on event signage, menu and website) is $250.
- Ithaca, N.Y. / June 17, 2014: Featuring food from 25 local restaurants, paired with wines from Finger Lakes Wineries, this evening of fun, food and drinks includes a silent auction and live music. General admission is $100 and VIP admission is $150.
- Minneapolis, Minn. / June 23, 2014: Taste cocktails from the best chefs in the Twin Cities at this Share Our Strength event, held at the Guthrie Theater. General Admission is $75 and VIP admission is $100.
- Portland, Maine / June 29, 2014: Sample some of Maine’s finest cuisine at this afternoon event held in Cape Elizabeth! General Admission tickets are $125 and VIP Tickets are $200.
Wine & Food Week, June 2-8, The Woodlands, Texas: Bringing together more than 50 chefs, more than 500 wines and over 10,000 guests, this week-long festival in Texas celebrates the area’s thriving food scene. Tickets are priced per event.
The Great Chefs Event, June 10, Philadelphia, Pa.: United by a love of fine food and a passion for helping to fight cancer, four dozen top chefs gather together at this event, creating various small plates for guests to try. General Admission is $350 and After-Party Access tickets are $525.
Truckeroo, June 13, Washington, D.C.: A monthly festival showcasing food trucks from the D.C. area, this festival has no admission fee but offers live music, picnic tables, shaded areas and games like cornhole for guests to play.
Taste of Orange County, June 16-17, Irvine, Calif.: Held Father’s Day weekend at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater, this festival features more than 50 top area restaurants and more than 20 star chefs. General Access tickets are $25, VIP Access tickets are $179 and Ultra Pass tickets are $250.
Flavors of Dallas, June 25, Dallas, Texas: A unique gourmet experience that brings together some of Dallas’s top chefs, this festival features a five-course dinner, wine, beautiful décor and more. Tickets are $450, with proceeds going to the American Liver Foundation.